Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Reading, reading, and more reading

Law school is about reading. Reading, reading, reading. All of the time reading. Reading in the morning. Reading in the afternoon. Reading in the evening. Reading, reading, Reading. Have I mentioned reading? It's mind-boggling reading. Much of the language feels stilted or weird. Not like pulp fiction you'd curl up on the couch and consume in a sitting. To be clear, I'm playing a bit o' catch up after the fubar that was my first week at school. I still have not been called on in class, although I have made an effort to raise my hand and contribute (the quality of the contribution we won't discuss). Here are the current stats:

Torts - approx. 70 pages covered / working on parental liability for the torts of their minor children
Civ Pro - approx. 100 pages covered / just finished WWVW v. Woodson and moving to Asahi Metal Industry Co. v. Superior Court
Crim Law - approx. 210 pages covered / reviewing actus rea and mens rea today
Contracts - approx. 40 pages covered / moving on from the vasectomy case at the beginning of the text
LR&W - through chapter 3 / worked on analyzing legal authority: statutes

No comments: