Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Professional attire

The arrival of our pre-registration packet mid-summer put me on notice that we'd, meaning the first year students, be expected to wear semi-professional dress during the three days of orientation. Yeah, I haven't worn much except comfy pants and tee-shirts since the kid was born so that meant today, my final day of freedom, was spent shopping for something to wear. Lord knows, I still have twelve pounds from the pregnancy that I am still lugging around, and an additional 15 that I've managed to acquire since I got married in 2005. All of the super cute professional clothes I used to be able to wear that are still cluttering up my closet because I refuse to throw them out and admit defeat don't really fit right now. Luckily, I was able to snag two shirts and a skirt, which I can coordinate with a few pieces in the old wardrobe that I can wear and I've already got a great pair of sensible yet stylish black shoes. Phew. Law school orientation, here I come.

1 comment:

Dr. A said...

My lawyer-friend supposedly wore the same pants for several moths. They were comfy and she had several coordinating blouses/jackets. And this was when she was in a big firm and had her own personal assistant.