Thursday, August 14, 2008

Oyez

This site might come in handy. I haven't had time to review it and I don't know how thorough it is or how much information it has that is pertinent to a first year law student but it seems impressive. I was reading an article on Slate.com and there was a case referenced with a link. The link brought me to Oyez, U.S. Supreme Court Media. The specific case was Planned Parenthood v. Casey. The info this site gives me includes: docket, citation, petitioner, respondent, advocates (who argued for what), the dates for the argument and decision, the facts of the case, the legal question raised, the conclusion, the decision, the legal provision, and which justices voted for/against along with notes on if they wrote a full opinion, co-authored an opinion, wrote a special concurrence, etc. Did I mention it has audio files so you can hear the court at work?

It's too soon to tell but this just might be awesome.

No comments: