Thursday, August 21, 2008

Day one

Today was the first day of orientation at school. Lots of speeches, a luncheon, a ginormous textbook bill ($888+ and I have at least one more book to purchase), and scurrying to and fro to complete a laundry list of chores: take photo for yearbook, obtain student ID, buy books, etc. My schedule looks pretty good. I mean, I knew the classes I was going to be taking because they are the same classes pretty much every one L takes the first year of law school - Civil Procedure (Civ Pro), Criminal Law (Crim Law), Torts, Contracts, and Legal Research and Writing (LR&W). My first class starts at 9:10am and my last class ends at 2:40pm. The plan is to get to school around 8am or so. The time I leave on a daily basis will depend on traffic and will probably take me a few days to figure out. Sometimes even a ten/fifteen minute early start or delay can make the difference between a relatively smooth drive home and hitting bumper-to-bumper traffic.

It's late and I should be sleeping.

2 comments:

Amber said...

One day down! I've been thinking about you all week. Congrats on your huge first step. The rest is all downhill from here, right? (or something)

We'd love to have you guys over for dinner (finally) once you get into your groove a little. I'll be in touch.

Megan said...

Congrats on making it through day one, and for finding time to blog about it!