Wednesday, July 16, 2008

In the beginning

There was time for blogging. I don't know how successful I'll be at chronicling my experiences as a first year law student (I'm now a One L!) with a husband and a kid once school actually starts but I'm going to try to do that here.

I have received the official reading list and made my book purchases from amazon.com. I was quite pleased to find that several of the books that have already arrived are rather small in stature. Had they all been 300+ page books I'm not sure I would have stood a chance in getting through them. But these seem okay and so I am pleased to throw the reading list in the 'Not to Worry' pile, thereby leaving my anxiety free to be placed in a more worthy spot.

D has also pointed me in the direction of a paper by Orin Kerr (of Volokh blog fame) that is meant to teach new students how to read a legal opinion. Sweet.

2 comments:

B. E. Busby said...

The Volokh conspiracy is a wonderful thing. Try getting hooked into all the law.com and wsj lawblog items (in your copious spare time).

I love this biz and am only a patent dude -- not licensed to chase ambulances or divorce people. Money is washing over the foredeck every damned day and I'm proud to say I'm there at the gunnels to catch the slosh.

Christie said...

Wait. You're a lawyer?